Having your car repaired is a stressful process. No one wants to admit that their car needs to be repaired, costing money that they never intended on spending. Accidents happen, we are all aware of that fact. Freeman Grapevine strives to maintain a level of excellence with all of our customers, previous and future. As a member of the business community, we subscribe to a Code of Ethics, our pledge to you of honesty, safety, and integrity. If you have any questions during the estimating or repair process, don’t hesitate to contact me or anyone else who is on duty and we can answer your questions or guide you in the right direction. With that being said, here are the ten things to keep in mind when bringing your car in for repairs.
1. Your vehicle is a major investment, preserve its value by having it repaired by certified professionals.
2. Some insurance companies will want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the car here.
3. Never drive a car that is unsafe due to damages or repairs that need to be made.
4. Contrary to popular belief, there is no law requiring you to obtain more than one appraisal or estimate.
5. You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
6. Choose a shop that has certified ASE certified technicians.
7. Differences in repair quotes are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another, please ask us.
8. Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
9. Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.
10. Let us help you negotiate your claim with the insurance company.