Sleek appearance, excellent driving performance and unexpected flexibility
DETROIT — With the 2018 Regal Sportback, Buick builds on its track record of making bold moves outside traditional vehicle segments to deliver unique customer offerings that fit modern lifestyles. The Regal Sportback provides a sleek, sporty, coupe-like design, the spirited performance of a premium sports sedan and unexpected versatility in one sophisticated package for a perfect balance of form and function.
The coupe-like roofline captures the expressive style and passion customers want, while the five-door layout enables easier access to cargo space. With the split-folding second row seats in place, the new Regal Sportback offers 31.5 cubic feet of cargo space, more than twice as much as the 2017 Regal.
In keeping with its sporting nature, the Regal Sportback’s cabin takes a driver-centric approach, with the center stack skewed towards the driver for a cockpit feel. The cabin’s craftsmanship is characterized by clean lines, uncluttered surfaces and premium seating materials.
“The new Regal Sportback was developed with today’s active, independent, premium car customer in mind,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president, Global Buick and GMC. “They have an SUV in the garage and are looking to complement it with a sport sedan, but have an appreciation for the usefulness of a versatile cargo space when an occasional need arises.”
Regal Sportback highlights:
- Available intelligent all-wheel drive (AWD) with active twin-clutch for improved vehicle control and efficiency in any conditions.
- AWD models have an eight-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel-drive models have a nine-speed automatic.
- The 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine produces a GM-estimated 250 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque (FWD) and 295 lb-ft of torque (AWD).
- The discreetly integrated rear opening has a tri-folding 40/20/40 rear seat available and a 60/40 split-folding seat standard.
- Safety innovations include a Buick-first active hood pedestrian safety system, Front Pedestrian Braking and Lane Keep Assist.
- There’s more overall cargo space than the Audi A5 Sportback and BMW 4-series Gran Coupe, with 60.7 cubic feet behind the first row.
- Signature Buick QuietTuning includes all-new tire insulation to help reduce road noise on front-wheel-drive models and premium five-link rear suspension on AWD models.
Read the entire article on Buick.com!