2018 Enclave builds on the success of its first-generation predecessor
NEW YORK — New and versatile functionality, spaciousness and intuitive technologies mark the next evolution of the Buick Enclave. More third-row space, improved towing capability and a thoughtful combination of safety technologies, useful interior features and premium materials are a few highlights included on Buick’s all-new seven-passenger midsize luxury SUV.
Within a visually lower and slimmer body, the Enclave boasts more interior space. The third row alone offers 5.6 more inches of standard legroom than an Acura MDX, 4.5 inches more than an Audi Q7 and nearly three inches more than an Infiniti QX60. The new Enclave also features a longer wheelbase than the previous generation, yet its turning circle is 1.4 feet tighter than before, pairing the space customers need with added maneuverability.
“Enclave was introduced as a game-changer for the Buick brand and has since become one of our most successful and important vehicles,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president, Global Buick and GMC. “It set the tone for a more progressive Buick, helping change perception for us and serving as the standard-bearer of what our products stand for: smart, stylish luxury.”
- New proportions, bodylines and accents combine for an athletic stance that accentuates the redesigned front end and grille.
- A comprehensive offering of standard and available safety technology includes customizable safety alerts.
- The all-new body structure was built for safety, strength and mass efficiency, and there are 17 radar, camera and ultrasonic sensors when fully equipped.
- There’s seating for seven and more cargo volume behind the first row than the Acura MDX, Audi Q7 and Infiniti QX60.
- Buick-first Evonik Acrylite lighting technology provides a distinctive light signature.
- Tow capacity of up to 5,000 pounds is more than enough to tow a typical 21-foot sport boat.
- A standard 3.6L V-6 engine with stop/start technology, Buick-estimated 302 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission.