Last month, GMC instituted their Military Appreciation Month and now that it’s June they’ve extended the special pricing until June 30! This offer is extended to ALL 22 million active duty, reserve duty, retired, veterans and spouses from each branch including the National Guard.
As we’ve discussed in previous blogs, GMC and the US Military have had a long and successful relationship. From the days before WWI when the Army was in Mexico cashing Pancho Villa, to WWII when the GMC DUCKW was bringing troops ashore in the Pacific and the GMC Deuce and a Half was chasing Hitler all over Europe, to the trucks chasing Saddam out of Kuwait back to Iraq.
The GMC models, including the Denali trim, which are eligible for the GM Military Discount:
- GMC Canyon midsize pickup, the newest member of the GMC family and winner of AutoWeek’s 2015 “Best of the Best” Truck award and Ward’s 10 Best Interiors
- GMC Sierra 1500 – the most powerful light duty pickup on the market – and Sierra HD full-size pickups, all new for the 2014 model year
- GMC Terrain small SUV and GMC Acadia large crossover
- Yukon and Yukon XL full-size SUVs, all new for the 2015 model year
- GMC Savana passenger vans
And this deal extends to 2 vehicles purchased under this program. If you’re buying more than two vehicles this year, the special savings will only extend to two vehicles per veteran.
You’ll need to supply current military ID, or if you are former military, a copy of your DD 214. And to prevent folks from flipping these cars, you’ll have to agree to have possession of the vehicles purchased under this program for a minimum of 6 months. Unfortunately not every dealer is a participant, so if you can’t get a dealer to work with you within this program, you are more than welcome to find any participating dealer!