Color your me impressed with German ingenuity for giving you a little entertainment as you sit and wait for your turn to cross at a crosswalk.
Crosswalk Pong. That’s right, Crosswalk Pong. So you get stuck before you get a chance to cross. In Germany, there’s no reason to rush, miss you crossing signal and get plowed over by a European sedan. Now you have a fun reason to wait.
Crosswalk Pong pits you against someone else on the other side of the street in a good old fashioned pong game. As your light counts down, you are visually warned that your game will be coming to an end soon and you can cross the street.
In the meantime, the German Transportation Department put themselves in the walker’s shoes and came up with a pretty fun to kill a few minutes while waiting to cross the street. Check it out.
Have you run into any other fun things like this that local Governments put into place to help keep the citizenry either safe, progressing, or in this case, entertained? If so, tell your Dallas Fort Worth Buick GMC dealer, Freeman Grapevine
It wasn’t too long ago that the cell phone was a luxury. It was expensive and the calling plans were too. Eventually the technology of communications has caught up with us. The devices got much better and so did the calling plans. I wonder what Alexander Graham Bell would think of cell phones today.
Once being slightly despised because of your accessibility has now become a communication system that will tell everyone you know where you are. what you are doing and probably the new 300 things you plan to do over the week.
The rub of is that the cell phone has now become a virtual necessity for daily operation. When you think about it. A smart phone running an advanced operating system can generate a lot of information and get out out of a bind in the future.
Let’s pretend you have a flat. You can call some one for help. You can learn how to change it yourself via YouTube. You can send an email to your mechanic and text your friends telling them you’ll be a little late all in a mater of moments. So, here are a few tips to keeping what is now one of the most important tools in your car functional:
- Keep your cell phone charged at all times.
- If possible have a back up battery accessible and fully charged as well.
- Keep your cell phone away from water.
- Program all of your emergency contacts in your phone
- Just like a medical ID bracelet, you can also store information on your phone such as allergies, prescriptions and medical conditions.
- If you have an iPhone, download the Child ID app created by the FBI to help get information out quickly for a missing child.
- Add ICE, “in case of emergency,” to contacts you would like contacted in an emergency. This is not very reliable as there are many different types of phones out there that people may be unfamiliar with and if your phone is locked then there’s no sense in doing it in the first place.
- If you phone is equipped with a camera it can be helpful in documenting damages to things like your car or property.
- If you are lost, most smartphones have a map app that can help you find your way.
I almost hate to admit it. But this is one invention that has both made our lives infinitely more complicated but also seems to be at the center of solving most of our daily problems.
Do you know of something you just can’t live without in regards to your car? If so, tell your Dallas Fort Worth Buick GMC dealer, Freeman Grapevine the one thing you can’t live without in your car?