First-ever Sierra HD Denali Ultimate – The Most Advanced and Luxurious Pickup in its Class1
The first-ever Sierra HD Denali Ultimate is the most premium, luxurious and technologically advanced Sierra HD yet, equipped with unique enhancements to the overall design and premium interior appointments, more standard technologies and standard turbocharged performance with the enhanced 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel and Allison 10-speed transmission.
The Denali Ultimate is distinguished by an exterior featuring a unique grille and GMC badging in exclusive Vader chrome, along with exclusive 20-inch Ultra-bright machined aluminum wheels with High Gloss black accents, and unique fender badging featuring topography of Mount Denali, the highest point in North America. Additionally, Denali Ultimate will include a six-way MultiPro Tailgate with a standard Kicker audio system. Power assist steps also come standard.
Inside, Denali Ultimate’s exclusive Alpine Umber interior reaches new heights of premium luxury and comfort in a heavy-duty truck. Full-grain leather appointments and open-pore Paldao wood meticulously adorn the interior trim. The wood’s darkened finish creates a distinctive color blend, while the unique graining adds bespoke attention to detail. Additional content includes:
- Full-grain leather-wrapped door panels with etched stainless-steel speaker grilles
- Full-grain leather front and rear seats with the Denali Ultimate badge on the front seatbacks and center console lid
- All-new 16-way power-adjustable and massaging front seats
- Premium microsuede headliner, visors and A- and B-pillar trim along with leather-wrapped A- and B-pillar handles
- 12-speaker Bose® Premium series with Centerpoint surround technology
- Standard rear camera mirror6, with full camera display
- Standard 15-inch-diagonal multicolor head-up display
- Standard power sunroof
More power, greater refinement for the Duramax Turbo-Diesel
The available enhanced 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, paired with the 10-speed Allison transmission, now delivers 470 hp (at 2800 rpm) and 975 lb-ft (at 1600 rpm) of torque, offering more power across the entire operating speed range. Specifically, low-end torque production increases up to 25% compared to the current model for improved towing performance.
The 2024 Sierra HD will also offer best-in-class 2500 Crew Cab towing of up to 21,9002 pounds and max 2500 towing of up to 22,5003 pounds, enabled by a new available Max Tow Package.
Additional changes and upgrades were designed to produce a more efficient combustion and enhance overall performance. This latest iteration of the Duramax engines adds additional refinements including:
- An all-new, more efficient turbocharger with improved efficiency to boost low-end torque
- Increased power and torque over the entire operating speed range
- Improved engine braking with a more powerful turbo vane actuator and uprated valve springs
- New cylinder heads with improved cooling jackets
- An all-new combustion system within the heads that’s matched with next-generation, higher-flow injectors and greater fuel injection pressure
- All-new engine controller
10-speed Allison transmission enhances gas-engine trailering capability
The Allision 10-speed automatic transmission is now paired with the Sierra HD’s standard 6.6L gas engine. It replaces the previous six-speed automatic, offering smaller “steps” between the gears, which enables the 6.6L gas engine to hold closer to its peak power (401 horsepower and 464 lb-ft of torque) for longer periods.
That translates into a more confident feeling of on-demand power, regardless of whether the truck is towing a trailer — but when it is, trailering performance and capability are enhanced thanks in part to the 10-speed configuration, along with the capability of channeling every single pound-foot of torque to the tires in every gear.
Elevated and Purposeful Technology
Best-in-Class Trailering Assistance Technologies
The 2024 Sierra HD will also offer the most trailering assistance technologies in the heavy-duty class1 through the available ProGrade Trailering System. The ProGrade Trailering System includes a suite of available intelligent trailering assistance technologies designed to help streamline the hitching and towing process, with integrated tools that help enhance customers’ feelings of safety, confidence and visibility including these new enhancements:
- Available Enhanced, Industry First Transparent Trailer View5 for Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Trailering: Allows the driver to virtually “see through” the trailer. Using the camera mounted on the rear of the truck and an accessory camera on the back of the trailer, it pieces together a view of the area behind the truck and trailer as if the trailer was not there, improving visibility. An enhanced version of this technology for model year 2024 enables compatibility with gooseneck and fifth-wheel trailers.
- Available Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert6: Extends side blind zone alerts to include the blind zone areas around the trailer.
- New GCW Alert6: This all-new feature warns the driver if the vehicle and trailer weight exceed the vehicle’s Gross Combined Weight Rating.
- New, Available Adaptive Cruise Control6 with Trailering: Allows the Sierra HD’s available Adaptive Cruise Control to be used while trailering and to account for additional drag and increased braking distances when towing a trailer.
In total, the 2024 Sierra Heavy Duty offers up to 14 available camera views5 including:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View6: Provides a close-up view of the receiver hitch to help with alignment when connecting to a trailer.
- Bed View with Zoom and Bed Hitch Guidance6: Allows you to see the cargo bed to help with fifth-wheel or gooseneck hitching or to briefly check on cargo.
- Rear Side View with Trailer Length Indicator6: With a compatible trailer attached and a turn signal activated, this view will show a full screen down the side of the truck along with a Trailer Length Indicator to aid in lane-change maneuvers by visually showing obstructions with the trailer in adjacent lanes.
High-Tech Digital Displays7
The centerpiece of Sierra’s high-tech interior cabin is the new available 13.4-inch-diagonal tablet-style touchscreen — the largest infotainment touchscreen in its class1. Situated in landscape orientation, the touchscreen offers a user-friendly, customizable experience. An available multicolor 15-inch-diagonal head-up display and a new available 12.3-inch-diagonal digital instrument cluster are also added in 2024 model year. Together, this creates over 40 inches of immersive digital displays helping to provide an engaging, customizable and comprehensive driving experience.
The all-new touchscreen infotainment center can be configured to a user’s preference, including the ability to operate multiple apps simultaneously in a “split-screen” view (e.g., a Navigation8 app running on the left side of the screen and a Music app on the right). Sierra HD’s infotainment system will also integrate Google built-in9 (on all trims except Pro) allowing customers to connect virtually every aspect of their daily lives within their vehicle. The system is compatible with both Wireless Apple CarPlay10 and Wireless Android Auto11.
Premium Safety Features6
The 2024 model year will offer the standard, Sierra HD Pro Safety suite of driver assistance technologies, including:
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking (new for 2024)
- IntelliBeam auto high beams
- Following Distance Indicator
Also available on the 2024 Sierra HD is the Pro Safety Plus Package6 which includes new driver assistance features Rear Cross Traffic Braking and the Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert.
The refreshed 2024 GMC Sierra HD arrives at dealerships in the first quarter of 2023, with the AT4X coming later in 2023. Pricing will be announced closer to the start of production.
GMC offers a range of premium trucks and SUVs designed and engineered to the highest standard. With vehicles like the compact Terrain and full-size Yukon, all-new Canyon and Sierra light-duty, as well as the world’s first all-electric supertruck the GMC HUMMER EV, our trucks and SUVs deliver GMC’s signature combination of intuitive technologies, precise engineering and premium execution. Built on a strong foundation of manufacturing trucks since since 1902, GMC now sells in a dozen countries across the world. Details on all models are available at www.gmc.com, Instagram at @GMC, Twitter at @GMC or at www.facebook.com/gmc.
1 Class is gasoline and diesel heavy duty pickups in the GM Large Pickup segment. Based on latest competitive data available.
2 Class is gasoline and diesel heavy duty pickups in the GM Large Pickup segment. Sierra’s 21,900-lb max rating requires a properly equipped Crew Cab Long Bed 2WD model with available 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel engine, Trailer Brake Controller, Max Trailering package, 18″ or 20″ wheels and tires and 5th Wheel / Gooseneck hitch. Maximum trailering ratings are intended for comparison purposes only. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The trailering capacity of your specific vehicle may vary. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can trailer. Based on latest competitive data available.
3Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the Trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow
4 When equipped with gooseneck hitch. Trailering rating is 32,000 pounds with fifth-wheel hitch. Requires Sierra 3500 HD Regular Cab Long Bed WT 2WD DRW with available Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8, Max Trailering Package and gooseneck hitch. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the Trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
5 Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for important feature limitations and information. Some camera views require available accessory camera and installation. Not compatible with all trailers. See your dealer for details.
6 Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for more important feature limitations and information.
7 GMC Infotainment System functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some device.
8 Map coverage available in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
9 Google built-in services are subject to limitations and availability may vary by vehicle, infotainment system, and location. Select service plan required. Certain Google actions and functionality may require account linking. User terms and privacy statements apply.
10 Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible iPhone and data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Siri, iPhone and Apple Music are trademarks for Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
11 Vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. To use Android Auto on your car display, you’ll need an Android phone running Android 6 or higher, an active data plan, and the Android Auto app. Google, Android and Android Auto are trademarks of Google LLC.