Vail Resorts and GMC Announce Exclusive Partnership
BROOMFIELD, Colo. – Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN), the leading global mountain resort company has partnered exclusively with the premium truck and SUV manufacturer GMC. This multi-year agreement marries GMC’s professional grade identity to Vail Resorts’ mission to provide guests with an experience of a lifetime.
This partnership will provide guests of Vail Resorts’ 13 North American ski resorts with an exceptional GMC brand experience through onsite activations and signature resort events year-round, along with a complimentary vehicle service available at premier Vail Resorts’ lodging properties.
Key components of the partnership include:
- Complimentary vehicle service using Yukon XL Denalis at select Vail Resorts Hospitality and RockResorts lodging properties in Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City and Heavenly, including:
- The Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
- The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
- Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
- The Pines Lodge, A RockResort (Beaver Creek)
- The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort
- One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort (Breckenridge)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge
- Keystone Lodge & Spa
- Grand Summit Lodge, A RockResort (Park City)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Park City
- Zalanta (Heavenly)
- Complimentary vehicle service offered through the White Carpet Club in Beaver Creek, a daily private club for destination skiers that features spacious lockers; boot dryers; light food and beverage; an intimate lounge; and a dedicated on-site concierge.
- Vehicle displays and branding throughout Vail Resorts’ 13 ski resorts in North America, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada; Stowe in Vermont; Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan.
- GMC will be the presenting sponsor at signature resort events of Vail Resorts, including Snow Daze (Vail), Beaver Creek Culinary Weekend, Spring Fever (Breckenridge), Spring Gruv (Park City) and many more.
“GMC’s ‘Professional Grade’ brand and remarkable attention to design and detail are well aligned with Vail Resorts’ collection of world-class mountain resort destinations,” said Kirsten Lynch, chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts. “We’re looking forward to sharing the GMC experience with guests at our resorts through on-snow activations and complimentary vehicle programs at a selection of our casually elegant lodging properties.”
“Similar to Vail Resorts, GMC provides its customers the ability to experience life’s adventurous side through our premium vehicle offerings. We are eager to kick off this partnership, and the upcoming ski season, by inviting Vail Resorts guests to live to a higher standard through their experience with our bold and capable trucks and SUVs,” said Rich Latek, director of GMC Marketing.
About Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN)
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading global mountain resort operator. Vail Resorts’ subsidiaries operate 11 world-class mountain resorts and three urban ski areas, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada; Perisher in Australia; Stowe in Vermont; Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan. Vail Resorts owns and/or manages a collection of casually elegant hotels under the RockResorts brand, as well as the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyo. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning and development subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.
GMC has manufactured trucks since 1902, with innovation and engineering excellence built into all GMC vehicles. The brand is evolving to offer more fuel-efficient trucks and crossovers, including the Terrain small SUV and Acadia crossover. GMC’s highest-volume vehicle, the Sierra pickup, is the most powerful light-duty pickup on the market, and the first full-size pickup to receive the highest-possible five-star Overall Vehicle Score for safety since the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration changed its New Car Assessment Program for the 2011 model year. Details on all GMC models are available at www.gmc.com, on Twitter at @thisisgmc or at www.facebook.com/gmc.