GMC Debuts Full AT4 Premium Off-Road Lineup with 2021 Terrain Preview
Premium off-road sub-brand builds on success with three reveals in one week
VAIL, Colo. — GMC is completing its pioneering move into the premium off-road space by making AT4 available across its entire retail lineup in 2020. With the addition of the first-ever 2021 Terrain AT4, Canyon AT4 and 2021 Yukon AT4, GMC is poised to double its AT4 offerings and strengthen its market position as the only premium truck and SUV lineup that’s made to be used both on- and off-road.
Introduced on the 2019 Sierra, AT4 was created as a unique persona that offers credible capability while still providing premium everyday comforts. AT4 variants distinctively combine off-road capability, innovative technology and bold design, along with GMC’s premium refinement to practically complement an authentic outdoor lifestyle. Core AT4 design includes premium rugged exterior details, featuring black chrome grille, fog light surrounds and rear appliques, as well as unique authentic aluminum interior decor and premium fabric colors.
The response has been clear that AT4 is a winner with customers; Sierra sales were up 14% year-over-year in 2019, and AT4 played a huge role in that growth. Based on initial Sierra AT4 buyer data, they are adventurous, affluent, highly active and younger than the average light-duty full-size pickup truck buyer. They are attracted to GMC’s premium features with a more aggressive, athletic design that provides the ability to go off-road with authentic capability.
“AT4 continues GMC’s bold entrance into the premium, off-road and adventure- oriented truck and SUV space,” said Phil Brook, vice president of GMC Marketing. “For each of the AT4 variants, we listened to our customers and made sure the vehicles met their active lifestyle needs.”
AT4 models are engineered to add an extra level of capability and technology tailored to customers’ wants and needs. That vision is consistent across all AT4 models and the level of capability matches the needs of customers in each segment. Professional Grade engineering highlights of the AT4 lineup include:
- Sierra AT4 offers a 2-inch factory lift, skid plates, Rancho® monotube shocks, a standard MultiPro Tailgate, available Carbon Fiber Bed and available Mud-Terrain tires.
- Sierra HD AT4 features an off-road suspension, skid plates, Rancho shocks®, a standard MultiPro Tailgate and up to 15 innovative camera views* that helps benefit not just trailering, but visibility over rough terrain and in tight corners.
- Acadia AT4 features an Advanced Twin-Clutch AWD System for increased capability on mixed surfaces, All-Terrain tires and Traction Select with Off-Road Mode.
- Canyon AT4 comes standard with off-road tuned suspension, an automatic locking rear differential and 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac® tires. (available Spring 2020)
- Yukon AT4 offers air suspension with 4 inches of adjustability, an electronic limited-slip differential and a 15-inch head-up display. (available Summer 2020)
- Terrain AT4 will feature a rugged exterior, confident capability and advanced technology. (available Fall 2020)
With a strong foundation of manufacturing trucks since 1902 and now selling in a dozen countries across the world, GMC offers purpose-built vehicles designed and engineered to the highest standard. From the all-new compact SUV Terrain to the Sierra HD, our trucks and crossovers deliver GMC’s signature combination of intuitive technologies and premium execution, with the popular Denali sub-brand representing the pinnacle of GMC design, performance and amenities. Details on all GMC models are available at www.gmc.com, on Twitter at @GMC or at www.facebook.com/gmc.
*Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for important feature limitations and information. Some camera views require available accessory camera and installation. Not compatible with all trailers. See your dealer for details.