Thinking about taking “The Family Truckster” on the road? Here are some guidelines to get you and your vehicle geared up for the trip.
* It’s a good idea that, before you hit the road, get your vehicle inspected. A basic inspection is not very expensive and will cover the brakes, tires, suspension, lights, cooling system, and other basic drive train components
* Make sure your tire pressure before you leave on a road trip. Most tires require between 30-32psi.
* Pack an emergency kit with you. A good emergency kit should include a flashlight, a first aid kit, jumper cables, gloves, rope, and power point tire pump.
* Always bring extra water. Although you may be traveling on major roads, you’ll be thankful if you have a flat tire or breakdown miles from the nearest exit.
* Learn how to change a flat tire before you leave! Practice in your driveway a few times before you head out on your trip.
* While on the road, try to take a 15 minute break every 2 hours.
* this is probably the most important tip…Pack plenty of entertainment for children! Travel toys and games can help pass the time.
* Whenever you travel make sure that everyone has proper identification and required documentation.
A road trip can be a fun experience. Follow these tips to make sure it’s a safe and enjoyable journey.