Well y’all, it’s that time of year when next year’s models begin to make their appearance in media so everybody can oooo and ahhhh over the new features, the new front ends, the new taillights, the new options, the upgrades, etc etc etc. Well the 2016 GMC Terrain is pretty exciting. Not only does the front end get an upgrade to a more updated contemporary look, but the Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are being offered for the SLE and SLT models this year. Other alerts include Rear Park Assist, Lane Departure Warning, and a Forward Collision Alert.
The Terrain is a compact SUV that seats five comfortably. Most models come with all-wheel drive, and a whopping 32 mpg on the highway! If you need to do some occasional towing, a V6 engine is available and a tow weight of 3500lbs is advertised.
Here is a more or less complete list of updates for the 2016 Terrain:
- New front and rear fascias with C-shaped lower chrome trim that accentuates the Terrain’s wide stance
- New, chrome-accented grille designs for SLE, SLT and Denali – including specific tri-segment grille texture on Denali
- New power dome hood design
- New LED daytime running lamps on uplevel models
- New 18-inch aluminum wheel design offered on non-Denali models
- New 19-inch aluminum wheel design offered on Denali
- Revised instrument panel “center stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
- Revised model lineup: SL, SLE (SLE-1 and SLE-2), SLT and Denali
- Premium cloth seat fabric now standard on SL and SLE models
- New Saddle Up leather interior available on SLT
- New Light Titanium/Jet Black interior combination offered on Denali
- Front passenger eight-way power-adjustable seat offered on SLT (previously available only on Denali)
- New, chrome-trimmed transmission shifter
- Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features on SLE and SLT (previous available only on Denali).
- New White Frost Tricoat and Crimson Red Tintcoat premium exterior colors.