I don’t know if people have stopped caring about how they park their cars or what, but I think a refresher course in parking is a must! Even if you think you are good at parking your vehicle I still think you should have a read of these great tips on how to correctly park your cars!
Something that I’m sure not only annoys just me is when is when people double park their vehicles. It always happens when you’re running late and that super close parking spot that would be just perfect for you is only half the size you need it to be because someone decided to use just part of it.
In attempts to rid of people of doing that, here are some great tips parking tips for your cars! Some of these tips may be pretty basic, but heck, you’ve got to start somewhere!
- Park where cars are allowed to be parked.
- If there are painted lines for your parking spot, try to park in the center of them. Never park across them.
- Use your parking brake. You never know when you might end up with an escape artist.
- If you have an automatic vehicle, put it inpark. If you have a manual, leave it in gear.
- If you park on flat surface leave your wheel straight. If you park facing downhill turn your wheels to the right (towards the curb) just in case your car gets loose it will just run into the curb and stop itself.
- Park uphill by turning your tires away from the curb. Turn wheels to the right if you have don’t have a curb and are uphill.
- When you are exiting your parking place always look out in the traffic before you move. And use your turn signal well.
- Don’t try to squeeze into a parking space. This will only result in door dings and possibly some angry folks who can barely get into their own car.
Use common courtesy when it comes to parking your vehicle. Bad parking can ruin someone’s day and could even result in some unnecessary door dings. And no one likes door dings! If you have any parking tips or stories you’d like to share, we’d love to hear from you! Comment below or stop by Freeman Grapevine Buick GMC today!