With the holidays just around the corner, there are thousands of anxious teenagers crossing their fingers and hoping that they might get the ultimate present this year…a car of their very own!
Now we know, that most cars parents buy for their children, and even those kids who work hard all summer and are ready to buy their first car, probably aren’t going to purchasing a new Buick, or GMC. However, buying used is certainly going to make that dream car more in their reach.
What’s the first step in buying a used car in Dallas Fort Worth? Make a check list and follow it. There are a few things that you are going to want to discuss with your kids, dealer and financier.
1. Think about purchasing a certified pre-owned vehicle. A certified pre-owned vehicle generally can be purchased with the manufacturer’s extended warranty and have had a complete inspection.
2. Make sure the vehicle suits everyone’s needs. If this vehicle will be a family car, bring everyone along to take a test drive to make sure everyone is comfortable in the car. If you have small children, bring your child safety seats to make sure they fit and can be easily installed.
3. Purchase a vehicle history report and have it inspected by a qualified mechanic. By following both of these suggestions, you can may avoid unexpected issues later on.
4. Look into promotional programs. Many manufacturers offer incentives when you purchase their used vehicles. Ask your local New Jersey used auto dealer for more details.
5. Look into financing before hand. Before purchasing your vehicle, look into interest rates to be sure you are getting the best rate you can find. Check with your dealer, bank or credit union.
6. Negotiate on the price of the vehicle. When purchasing a vehicle, you should negotiate based on the total price of the vehicle rather than on what you want your monthly payments to be. Your monthly payments can always be lowered, by extending the life of the loan.
Now the best part is that when you’re ready to buy a used car, I just happen to know a great place that has an amazing selection and the best customer service in DFW. Swing by Freeman Grapevine anytime and ask for David Parrish, I guarantee that he’ll take great care of you and get your in a reliable vehicle you can be proud of.